Getting Started | Administration/Claims | Corporate | Enrollment Benefits | Technical | Online Tools


Are certain doctors or hospitals "preferred providers?" under my plan?

If you are studying in the US, your least expensive option will usually be to visit the student health center at your school. If you need to see a doctor outside your health center, or you need to visit a hospital, you are likely to receive greater insurance benefits if you search for a doctor online using the HTH Students website, which will direct you to a network of physicians chosen specifically for your area/state. As a result of HTH's partnerships with industry leaders like WellPoint Health Networks and various nationally known Preferred Provider Organizations, HTH students have access to doctors and hospitals throughout the U.S. Be sure to check the details of your plan to understand whether your insurance coverage varies depending on what doctor or hospital you visit.

Students on study abroad programs outside the U.S. are welcome but not required to access HTH's international physician community. Through their respective websites, study abroad students and their parents/guardians can search for a pre-qualified, English-speaking doctor online and review their background and credentials. However, coverage under HTH's study abroad plans extends to other providers who are licensed and qualified to deliver the required service (for details review your specific product).

Top ⇑

How do I renew or extend my insurance coverage?

For individual plans (Global Student USA, Global Student USA Preferred or U.S. Students Abroad Health Plan): If you have registered on the HTH Students website, you may renew online either through (1) the 'Renew Online' link on the home page or (2) the 'Renew' link on the Coverage & Benefits page in My Benefits. You will also receive a renewal notice prior to the expiration of your plan containing instructions for renewing coverage through the mail. Because online renewals do not allow changes to certain coverage information such as insured status (participant only, participant & child, etc.), address, and phone number, students who need to change this information should call HTH at 1.888.350.2002 prior to renewing. Changes to information unrelated to insurance coverage may be emailed to us at

For group plans purchased online: If you purchased and enrolled in your school's group plan directly on the HTH Students site using a Group Access Code, your group may be set up for online renewals. You will need to enter the Access Code on the home page of again. If you are signed in to the site, you must first click 'Not You' to be able to view the Access Code entry area on the home page. After you enter the code and continue through the Group agreement page, the subsequent screen will allow you to indicate that your purchase is a 'Renewal' -- if your group plan includes this option. If the 'Renewal' option does not appear, you should contact your advisor or administrator about renewing.

For group plans where online enrollment is not offered: If you are a member of an HTH Worldwide group-sponsored plan and you were not required to buy the insurance on, your advisor or administrator will handle the renewal of your coverage.

Top ⇑

What documentation will I receive by mail when I purchase an individual (voluntary) HTH Worldwide plan?

If you purchase an individual (voluntary) insurance plan, HTH will mail your ID card within two business days of receiving valid payment.

Top ⇑

How do I notify HTH Worldwide if my contact information or address changes?

You may review your name, address and other information in the My Benefits section of To make changes, please contact HTH Customer Service through email or by calling 1.888.350.2002 or +1.610.254.8771.

Remember, you'll need your certificate number (which you can find on your ID card) to sign in to HTH Students for the first time. Individual plan purchasers may also sign up for full site privileges at the time of purchase. Lost or forgotten passwords -- click here.

Top ⇑

How can I contact HTH Worldwide about a claim?

HTH Students provides online access to Claims information for registered participants (to learn more about registering for the site, read the FAQ). You may also call 1.888.350.2002 or +1.610.254.8771 to speak with a Customer Service Representative or contact us by email, being sure to reference your name, school and the date of injury/loss.

Top ⇑

My claim was denied. Is there a grievance procedure?

Within 60 days, you may request, in writing, a review of any denied claim. All requests for review must specify why you believe the denial was made in error. Whenever possible, requests should attach supporting documentation (for example, medical bills and/or correspondence.) Send correspondence to: HTH Worldwide Insurance Services, Claims Department, P.O. Box 968, Horsham, PA 19044, or by fax to 888.250.4121. We respond to such requests within 10 business days of receipt.

Top ⇑

How do I submit (file) a claim?

Participating students can access claim forms and submission information on the HTH Students site. Claim forms should be completed fully, and only original bills are accepted. Printed claim forms may be sent to HTH Worldwide Insurance or by fax to 888.250.4121.

Top ⇑

What type of insurance companies does HTH Worldwide work with?

HTH Worldwide works exclusively with A.M. Best 'A' rated insurance carriers in order to ensure that participants' claims are paid in a timely and accurate manner. The carriers we work with include some of the oldest, most experience insurers in the U.S.

Top ⇑

I am coming to study in the U.S. on an F-1 Visa. What months of the year am I eligible to buy an individual plan (that is, when are the open enrollment periods)?

HTH Worldwide allows voluntary enrollments at any time during the calendar year.

Top ⇑